Thursday 6 January 2011

What's it all about?

Hello! I want to share my world with you....my thoughts, my ideas and things that make me do what it is I do.  Amongst other stuff I do, I am an Applied Equine Podiatrist which sounds a bit dry but actually it's THE best job in the world!  This blog roughly features around this topic but by its nature it encompasses a whole lot more! I have a website for my business which is just fabulous but I want to a bit more creative and expressive and if you want to get involved, that's fine...and if you don't, well that's fine too!  Some of the stuff I talk about is a bit contentious and it may offend the odd reader but I want you to know that's not my intention.  To be serious for the moment...my intention and my goals are to help create a better world and my medium is the horse.  I don't know much about anything else but I know that my journey has led me to help people too and my ambition and passion to help domestic horses live better lives has also made me a better person. Ahhhhh...
I am going to be brave and just say it!  Horse shoes are BAD for horses.  You can argue with me all you like but it is true and an irrefutable fact.  Now I have some answers to that question which I hope you are asking...WHY???  But actually deep down I think we already know.  The sciency bits is this: the shoe does not provide the correct stimulus for health.  And that's it.  I will be going into this more so come back anytime!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Becky i think your blog is a great idea!!! I have just finished Mod 5 and waiting for the mid term exam.....i cant wait to get more hands on at my next 5 day in March. Also to be qualified in November

    Every time i hear horses with shoes on i just want to screem take them off!!:0)

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start to the New Year! I am really looking forward to reading your Blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! Haven't started classes yet so I am excited to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete